With all the hype around CBD and its potential health benefits, it’s no surprise that more people are looking into incorporating CBD into their beauty routines. However, many people aren't aware of how exactly to use this amazing product. Here at ReposeRx, we’re here to help you get started with incorporating CBD into your hair routine!
To understand why CBD oil is good for your hair, we need to first talk about what hair is made of. Hair is composed of keratin, which is found in our skin and nails, as well as other animals such as reptiles and birds. Keratin helps protect our bodies from ultraviolet radiation, while also providing strength and flexibility to our skin and nails. It’s no wonder that so many people are interested in using natural products to care for their hair!
In addition to protecting our bodies from UV radiation, keratin also helps protect us from bacteria by forming a thin layer on top of the skin called an “acid mantle” or “acid mantle layer” (AML). This acid mantle layer serves as a barrier against bacteria entering into our pores through sweat or dirt getting into our pores through the environment around us such as pollution or dust particles from outside pollution.
The benefits of using CBD oils in conjunction with your normal shampooing process may include:
1. Hair loss prevention
If you're dealing with thinning hair or bald spots, CBD may help reduce inflammation and stimulate growth. A study published by Frontiers in Pharmacology found that people who took a 600mg dose of cannabidiol over 12 weeks experienced a significant increase in scalp thickness and density compared to those who took a placebo. Another study published by Pharmacological Research found that treating alopecia areata (a type of autoimmune disease that causes hair loss) with cannabidiol led to increased hair growth after only three months of treatment
2. Hair loss due to aging
With age comes diminished levels of estrogen in both men and women which results in thinner hair that is more prone to breakage than ever before. While there are many different factors that contribute to this problem, including stress levels and poor diet habits, adding CBD oil into your daily routine can help prevent this common occurrence.
- May protect against DHT-induced hair loss — DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is a natural hormone that causes balding when it attaches to certain areas on the scalp. CBD has been shown to prevent this from happening by blocking the receptors that bind to DHT.
- May prevent hair loss due to chemotherapy — Chemotherapy drugs can lead to excessive shedding of hair after treatment has ended. CBD helps restore your hair’s strength and thickness by protecting your follicles from further damage caused by chemotherapy drugs.
3. May promote hair growth
CBD oil is rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are essential to the body’s health. It is also very effective when it comes to stimulating hair growth. The high concentration of omega-6 and omega-9 in hemp oil help to promote cell growth and reduce inflammation in your scalp. This can help to improve blood circulation, which can in turn lead to healthier hair follicles.
4. May help treat dandruff and dry scalp
It fights dandruff and scalp psoriasis. If you're dealing with dandruff or scalp psoriasis, then you've probably tried every shampoo on the market — but nothing seems to work! Luckily, CBD oil helps treat these conditions while also soothing irritation on your scalp. It may even reduce itching caused by these conditions!
5. May boost growth and thickness
CBD oil for hair care also works to improve scalp health by stimulating blood flow toward the scalp area and increasing cell production there. This improves overall scalp health, making it stronger and healthier which leads to better hair growth as well as improved texture and thickness of your existing hair.
6. May prevent split ends
It nourishes dry and damaged hair. When applied topically, CBD oil can help soothe irritated scalps and damaged follicles. Applying this oil will strengthen your hair and make it less susceptible to breakage or damage from styling tools like flat irons or curling wands. It'll also give you softer locks and prevent frizziness without weighing down your hair.
7. May improve Shine & Glossiness
CBD can help give your hair a healthy shine without making it oily or greasy. It adds volume and volume to thinning hair while also helping to prevent breakage by strengthening the hair follicle.
8. How to incorporate CBD oil into your hair care routine?
In order to get the most out of CBD oil on your hair, it needs to be administered topically — meaning you put it directly on your scalp. While there are other ways to apply CBD oil, like eating it or rubbing it on your skin, this will not give you the same results as applying directly to the scalp.
9. Mixing it into shampoos or conditioners
The most common way to use CBD for hair is by incorporating it into a salon treatment like shampoos or moisturizers. You can also add a few drops of CBD oil into other products like conditioners or deep conditioners before using them on your hair.
- First, use carrier oil such as jojoba or grapeseed oil. These oils will help dilute and transport the THC-free CBD oil onto your scalp and hair follicles without causing irritation. You should also make sure that there are no added chemicals in these carriers; otherwise, they may irritate your skin and cause headaches or nausea.
- Second, apply the solution directly onto dry hair — not wet. The reason for this is that wetting your hair makes it more difficult for the active ingredients in the solution to penetrate into your scalp and follicles where they need to go in order to have an effect on your health.
- Third, massage gently but thoroughly into your scalp so that all of the follicles get covered with the solution by at least one millimeter of thickness within 20 minutes of application time (this will
CBD for hair growth helps to restore the natural balance of your scalp and hair follicles. If you're experiencing dry, brittle, or thinning hair, then CBD is the answer. In addition to preventing further damage, CBD can help to repair the damage that has already been done. One of the main reasons why CBD works so well on hair is because it doesn't leave behind any harmful chemicals or residue after use like other products does.
CBD for hair growth stimulates hair follicles and it also addresses the effects of aging on hair. The reason why CBD for Hair growth works so well in addressing the effects of aging on hair is that it has both anti-aging AND anti-inflammatory properties.
ReposeRx provides an all-natural CBD product and one that's safe to use for even those with sensitive skin. It's non-toxic and free from any harsh chemicals or preservatives that can cause damage to the skin and hair. We believe in scientific-based research and that's why we only use high-quality ingredients. Every product is thoroughly tested and verified for purity, quality and effectiveness by a third-party laboratory.